Your handy little Online Roulette Guide
The casino roulette game is played by rolling a small white ball in one direction inside a trough containing a numbered and slotted wheel. The wheel is spun in the opposite direction. When the ball comes to rest in a slot, the winning number is decided. There is no difference between playing roulette online or playing roulette in a Land Based Casino.
The wheel has 18 red slots and 18 black slots. An european roulette wheel has one green slot for the number 0 whilst the American based Roulette wheel has an additional Double Zero green slot.
Roulette Betting Options
The standard double-zero wheel gives the house a 5.26% edge. European roulette is however played on a wheel that contains only one zero and reduces the house edge to 2.70%. The general classification of bets are Inside bets (made on numbers directly inside the numbered table), and Outside bets (made on the betting area surrounding the number layout).
The inside bets:
- Single Number – Betting on a single number, Double Zero or Zero – Pays 35 to 1
- Split Bet – Betting on two numbers by placing the chip on the line separating the two numbers you wish to bet on – Pays 17 to 1
- Corner Bet – Betting on four numbers by placing the chip on the intersection of the 4 numbers you wish to bet on – Pays 8 to 1
- Street Bet – Betting on a row of three numbers by placing the chip on the line at the edge of the row you wish to bet on – Pays 11 to 1
- Special Line Bet – One of a kind bet made by betting on the 5 adjoined numbers (american) of 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3 – Pays 6 to 1
- Line Bet – Similar to the street bet but you now bet on 2 rows simultaneously – Pays 5 to 1
The outside bets
- Dozens – Playing one of the 3 horizontal sets of numbers – Pays 2 to 1
- Odds or Evens – Pays even money
- Red or Black – Pays even money
- Column Bets – Playing one of the 3 vertical columns of numbers – Pays 2 to 1
- 1 -18 – Betting on the first half of the numbers (excluding the zeros) – Pays even money
- 19 – 36 – Betting on the second half of the numbers. Pays even money